Advanced dial plan
Intelligent call routing with pre-defined criteria based on your needs and preferences. With our Advanced Dial Plan feature, you can manage your inbound calls coming to the call center step by step.
With our call center solution, no call will remain unanswered. CloudTalk allows you to set your own workflows to handle calls coming in to your contact center.
CloudTalk’s Advanced dial plan feature ensures that callers are attended even when agents are busy or unavailable.
You can easily configure your advanced dial plan yourself with just a few clicks and modify it as you see fit in a matter of minutes. This allows you to have full control over the call coming in to a specific phone number. With advanced dial plan, you can also set customized sequence of steps individually for each phone number according to your evolving business needs.
When deciding on the right sequence of steps for inbound calls, you can choose from the following options:
- Caller queue – the call is routed to the right caller queue and rings to all agents assigned to the group
- Agent – the call is routed to a selected agent
- Preferred agent – the system selects the agent assigned to a specific client
- Voicemail – the call goes to voicemail allowing the customer to leave a message
- Forward-to-phone routing – the call is automatically routed to a selected phone number outside of your company when your agents are busy or unavailable during business hours
- Recording – you can record personalized voice messages played to callers based on specific situations (outside of business hours, waiting for an available agent, etc.)
To illustrate how the system works and give you inspiration, please see our sample advanced dial plan setup in five steps:
- Greeting. This step comforts the caller and lets them know that they have called the right number. For example: "Hello, you have reached CloudTalk…" You can also record answers to frequently asked questions, e.g. business hours, order status or shipment status and disclaimer about call recording.
- Preferred agent. In this step, you make sure that the client consistently interacts with the same agent, who can provide them with quick and more personalized customer support (if the client has no preferred agent assigned, this step will be skipped).
- Caller queue. In the third step, it’s good to choose a caller queue to ensure that the incoming call rings to more than one agent and increase the chance that the call is answered. For example, you can create a caller queue entitled "Tech Support", so that your clients can speak to agents with required tech skills to handle their issue.
- Customized message. For example, you can use customized messages to inform clients that you are unavailable - "Unfortunately, all our agents are busy at the moment. We will call you back in a few minutes." You can also choose a message to introduce the last step, such as transfer to voicemail: "Unfortunately, all our agents are busy at the moment. Please leave a message and we will call you back."
- External phone number. Redirect your client to a designated phone number outside of your company (which you can choose directly in this step) and make sure that your customer support is never offline.