Good relations with customers are fundamental for the success of any business. Unsatisfied customers switch to competitors and never come back. In this post, you will find out what to do to ensure that your clients are always satisfied and how to build a stable relationship that creates profit.
1. Collect and use customer data
Collect data that will help you better understand your clients and offer them tailor-made products and services. You can use social and demographic characteristics, preferences and buying behavior patterns to create efficient marketing strategies. However, avoid gathering too much information that is useless and brings you no benefits. Don’t forget to always be compliant with GDPR.
2. Choose the right communication strategy
In the eye of a customer, the quality of a company largely depends on the quality of its customer service. Therefore, you should invest sufficient time and effort to create first-class customer experience.
- Respond quickly. Don’t let your clients wait and think that you don’t care about them. Try to respond to their queries as soon as possible and if you cannot deal with their issue straight away or if you don’t have an answer, at least let the customer know that you understand his situation. By solving customer issues quickly, you will let them know that they are really important for you.
- Be accessible and well-informed. Use multiple communication channels (live chat, email, phone) and have enough available agents during rush hours. Make sure that your agents are always well-informed about products and services that you offer and about the customer’s communications history.
- Avoid trivial mistakes that destroy positive customer experience. For example, don’t use automatic answers when such answer is not relevant and could even worsen the situation (e.g. in case of complaints). Regardless of the client’s mood, always treat him with respect.
- Provide space for feedback and learn to accept criticism. Listen to your clients and find out what you can improve and learn from your mistakes.
- Don’t lie. Always have clearly defined conditions, avoid misleading and non-transparent behavior. Don’t be afraid to admit that you’ve made a mistake and apologize, if it’s justified.
3. Don’t let your clients forget you
Send your customers regular email updates, which is a simple, effective and affordable marketing tool that helps you strengthen existing relationships. Send out a newsletter with special offers, useful information or tips – stay in touch so that customers don’ forget you.
4. Build loyalty
If you maintain good relationship with customers, they will come back. Don’t try to maximize profits at the expense of customer satisfaction. On the contrary, build positive and friendly relationships that are beneficial for both sides. A well-known rule says that it’s better and cheaper to keep an existing customer than to create a new one. Don’t forget to pamper your clients as a thank-you for their loyalty. Provide them with excellent customer service, exclusive access to new collections, gifts or discounts. Keep up with your competitors and don’t forget to stand out by providing clients with extra benefits.
5. Use modern technologies to your advantage
Make maximum use of your CRM tools. By analyzing data from the CRM database and integrating them with other tools, you will get a detailed overview of customer purchase history, buying behavior patterns and customer preferences. Cloud-based CRM solutions that are flexible and scalable will adapt to your requirements and grow with your business. In addition, you will get valuable information that is safely stored and available anytime you need.
If customers are not satisfied with your services and feel you don’t care about them, they will never become your loyal partners.
Remember, satisfaction goes hand in hand with loyalty.