Making city life smarter by delivering anything in minutes.
As the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Western Asia, and Africa, Glovo is an ambitious app that gets users whatever they need, at any time of day. With food at the core of its business, the Barcelona-based company has grown exponentially and now delivers over 100M+ orders annually, operating in 22 countries and 250+ cities.
Glovo wants to become more than just another delivery app; it hopes to be an everything app for markets worldwide while continuing to prioritize employee happiness. To do so seamlessly, a thorough customer service strategy is a must.
With a team spread out across various countries, Glovo needed a user-friendly phone software that offers local phone numbers in every market in which it operates, while also covering all advanced calling features on which the business relies.
Glovo set out to find a solution that provides superior call quality, delivers a full package of advanced calling features, and acts as a one-stop-shop tool.
That means allowing external agents to call couriers and giving those couriers access to all necessities (sending emails, SMS, etc.). Everything was to function smoothly without the need for an additional tool.
Looking for the right solution proved tricky due to Glovo’s highly particular set of criteria. For instance, the team required the ability to add new calling campaigns with custom call scripts based on the given segment, thereby easily giving agents contextual information necessary for successful communication. Most providers can only offer this option by providing multiple tools, as opposed to an all-in-one. CloudTalk is proud to be an exception.
Because CloudTalk’s software takes real-life client issues into consideration, it is well-equipped to tackle even the most particular requirements. Our experts went over all scenarios with Glovo and ensured that its team would have everything necessary to highlight Glovo’s unique offering.
The key requirements for the new software were clear:
- Simple onboarding: Glovo was looking for super easy processes of adding and onboarding new members to the system.
- High-quality calls, anywhere: The option of buying local phone numbers from any country and ensuring high-quality calls is key to Glovo’s success.
- Segment-based call campaigns: The Glovo team was adamant about having the ability to create segment-based call campaigns with a custom script.
- Power Dialer feature: This would make the team’s planning and performing of calling campaigns much more efficient.
- Call recording: By being able to return to a call, managers can monitor an agent’s performance and provide proper feedback when needed. Monitoring can also occur in real-time when an agent requires a helping hand (Call monitoring feature).
In just 3 months, the Glovo team has made 200,000+ inbound and outbound client calls using 30 international numbers, having spent 3,000+ minutes on inbound calls and 145,000+ minutes on outbound calls.
Utilizing CloudTalk has allowed Glovo to externalize many basic outbound calls without the need to provide them with any other tool apart from CloudTalk, and while ensuring that the external agents have no access to Glovo’s own internal systems.
The team’s efficiency and costs have improved drastically, to the point that the onboarding of couriers is now practically fully automated.
Results in the last 3 months
Inbound and outbound calls
Minutes on the phone with clients
Essential CloudTalk benefits
- API: Glovo is using APIs to perform external actions (sending SMS, emails, etc.) via CloudTalk. Furthermore, the team uses APIs to push data into its own internal systems, thereby collecting all important data.
- Power Dialer: This feature allows agents to increase the number of calls they cover. Teams have found the call scripts and surveys especially useful because they’re able to lead calls in a more systematic way.
Global Head of Ops Solutions at Glovo
Yohann works as Global Head of Ops Solutions at the Glovo HQ in Barcelona, with the mission of making everything in cities immediately accessible. He’d previously taken cities to the next level Citymapper, and he’s fought plastic pollution with TAPP_Revolution
Glovo team’s favorite features
- Call Statistics: Our software displays real-time call center statistics and historical metrics starting from the day the company initiates Call Scripts: As expected, this feature enables agents to lead conversations in a structured manner from the very beginning. Furthermore, supervisors don’t need to create separate meetings to explain what agents should say; agents can just follow the script that opens directly in CloudTalk during the call.
- International Phone Numbers: Glovo is operating around the world, and that requires access to local phone numbers that enable the company to communicate with local businesses and couriers.
- Call Monitoring: Appreciated by team leaders, this feature is used to ensure that agents work efficiently, comply with communication standards, and provide clients with first-class customer support.
At CloudTalk, we are super happy to help customers grow and nothing cheers us more than seeing them do so! Would you like to join the success train?
Better experience for your customers
Start 14 days free trial
Fill in the form and experience cloud-based contact center for innovative businesses by yourself. Be the company your customers want you to be. Set up takes just 5 minutes.