Have a comprehensive overview of your phone calls anytime you need. Get information on your agents’ calls and optimize your customer service.
CloudTalk’s Call Monitoring feature gives you important insight into your customer’s needs and it helps you make informed business decisions. As CloudTalk is a cloud-based call center software, you can monitor your agents’ calls anywhere and anytime – all you need is internet access.
Call monitoring is an efficient tool with a positive impact on your agents and managers by improving your customer interactions, reducing costs, and boosting customer support team performance.
Monitor calls to improve customer satisfaction
CloudTalk allows you to easily monitor agent performance and ensure that your company quality standards are being met. This feature allows you to choose the most suitable way of real-time call monitoring:
- Listen to the call without interrupting your agent/caller,
- Whisper additional information only to your agent if needed (caller doesn’t hear you),
- Drop-in on live calls to interact with both the caller and the agent.
If you don’t need to monitor calls in real-time, another great way is to use the Call Recording feature. You simply click on the Play button in the customer’s contact detail, in the call history or call statistics, choose the call you want to listen to and you can immediately start studying any conversation you would like.
How to use call monitoring?
There are 2 ways of accessing your agent’s calls with the call monitoring feature. Either from CloudTalk Dashboard or directly from the desktop Phone App (Release of this feature is coming soon!).
#1 Monitor your agents from the CloudTalk dashboard
In order to access this feature, you firstly need to have an assigned role as Administrator or Supervisor. Afterward, just access the section Call Monitoring and you are ready to choose which ongoing call you would like to monitor.
How to access the call
Once you choose the call you would like to monitor, you only click on the button “Listen” and you are going to be redirected to the call. Once you are on the call, you are able to choose from 3 options:
- You can listen to call without interrupting anyone,
- You can listen to the chosen call and help your agent when needed,
- You can join the call and talk to both – agent and customer.
Raise the hand – when an agent needs help
When an agent is having a difficult conversation with the customer, he can raise his hand in the CloudTalk phone app in order to invite his supervisor to the call. These types of calls (tagged with the orange icon) are then always on the top of the queue so the supervisor can join them first.
Will the agent notice that you are monitoring a call?
By default, your agent sees the small note in the upper part of the phone once you join the call. If you prefer that this information won’t be displayed, you can set it up in your account settings.
#2 Monitor your agents from the phone app (COMING SOON!)
We are aware that managers and supervisors need to be very flexible when managing their teams. That’s why they call monitoring will be very soon accessible from the phone app as well. Similar to the dashboard version, there will be a section dedicated to call monitoring with 3 different options to join the call.
Get an invitation to join the agent’s call
When an agent needs help urgently, the new version of the call monitoring will enable him to invite someone from managers directly to the call. After available one is chosen by the agent, the supervisor’s phone starts to ring.
Call monitoring benefits
Efficient and regular call monitoring creates benefits for all involved – managers, agents, the whole company, and last but not least, your customers.
- Quick and systematic detection of issues
- Monitor your existing workflows and their impact on customer service quality
- Identify inefficient and inconsistent workflows
- Improve agent performance
- Increase the quality of customer support
- Increase first call resolution rate
- Improve agent satisfaction
- Improve customer experience
- Reduce agent turnover
- Reduce the callback rate
- Reduce expenses
Call monitoring is one of the best ways to ensure that your agents work efficiently, comply with communication standards and provide your clients with first-class customer support.
These features might be interesting for you:
- Call Statistics – CloudTalk is a truly data-based call center analytics software. Complex statistics on calls, agents, and call queues all in one place.
- Emotion Analytics – Emotion Analytics is nowadays one of the top trends in analytics and data collection.
- Wallboard – Wallboard will allow you to optimize agent productivity, reduce waiting times and immediately address the caller’s needs, improving their satisfaction.
Better experience for your customers
Start 14 days free trial
Fill in the form and experience cloud-based contact center for innovative businesses by yourself. Be the company your customers want you to be. Set up takes just 5 minutes.