IVR automates the telephony system. With an IVR system, you can create pre-recorded greetings, which offer a set of menus with different options according to the caller’s needs. When a customer calls on your business phone number, the IVR system automatically greets the caller and sends them to the desired department. It is an automated approach to customer service.
IVRs are powerful automations for virtual phone systems, allowing you to create pre-recorded greetings, interactive self-help menus, and routing call flows. Setting it up is simple, and you can do it only in 5 steps:
1. Log in to your CloudTalk account
2. From the Dashboard, click the left-hand side Numbers tab
3. Select the number for which you want to edit your IVR by clicking the blue pen button on the far-ride side. Alternatively, you can also Purchase a Number on this screen
4. Add new steps to the IVR flow by clicking the blue “+” button next to the latest step, or edit pre-existing steps by clicking the grey “cog” button
5. Click the green “Save Plan” button to confirm your changes.
Here are a few IVR best practices to help you ensure that both your agents and customers get the most out of your call center automation:
– Keep pre-recorded call prompts and menus brief
– Ensure prompts are clear and easy to understand (hire a voice professional if needed)
– Provide an option to switch to a live agent at any point during the IVR interaction
– Frequently update call menus and IVR scripts to keep information current
– Integrate third-party CRM tools for instant, easy access to customer data
– Let customers schedule automated callbacks instead of waiting on hold
– Have several alternative routing options in place in case desired agent is unavailable
– Set/study automatic analytics/recordings to ensure effective menus/announcements