Call flow designer
Intelligent call routing with pre-defined criteria based on your needs and preferences. With our Call Flow Designer feature, you can manage your inbound calls coming to the call center step by step.
With our call center solution, no call will remain unanswered. CloudTalk allows you to set your own workflows to handle calls coming into your contact center. When creating your call flow, you can insert steps like Interactive Voice Response (IVR), time-router, business hours, welcome message, and many more.
CloudTalk’s Call Flow Designer plan feature ensures that callers are attended even when agents are busy or unavailable.
You can easily configure your call flow yourself with just a few clicks and modify it as you see fit in a matter of minutes. This allows you to have full control over the call coming into a specific phone number.
With Call Flow Designer, you can also set a customized sequence of steps individually for each phone number according to your evolving business needs. When deciding on the right sequence of steps for inbound calls, you can choose from the following options:
- Call to agent – the call is routed to a selected agent
- Call to preferred agent – the system selects the agent assigned to a specific client
- Call to a group – the call is routed to a selected group of agents (sales, support etc.)
- Playback – personalized voice messages or music
- Voicemail – the call goes to voicemail allowing the customer to leave a message
- Redirect to external number – the system redirects the call to a designated phone number outside of your company
- Call recording – you can decide which part of the call flow should be recorded
- Fax – the call is routed to a selected fax number
- Conference – the call is routed to a conference room
- IVR – multi-level IVR menu to guide the caller through different options
- Go-To – Go-to is a new step in the Call Flow Designer, which allows you to reuse the existing parts of the call flow. Thanks to this feature, you can reference a step in the call flow or a step in different call flow (connected to a different phone number)
To illustrate how the system works and give you inspiration, please see our sample Call Flow Designer setup in five steps:
- Greetings. This step comforts the caller and lets them know that they have called the right number. For example: “Hello, you have reached CloudTalk…” You can also record answers to frequently asked questions, e.g. business hours, order status or shipment status and disclaimer about call recording.
- Preferred agent. In this step, you make sure that the client consistently interacts with the same agent, who can provide them with quick and more personalized customer support (if the client has no preferred agent assigned, this step will be skipped).
- Ring group. In the third step, it’s good to choose a ring group to ensure that the incoming call rings to more than one agent and increase the chance that the call is answered. For example, you can create a group entitled “Tech Support”, so that your clients can speak to agents with required tech skills to handle their issue.
- Customized message. For example, you can use customized messages to inform clients that you are unavailable – “Unfortunately, all our agents are busy at the moment. We will call you back in a few minutes.” You can also choose a message to introduce the last step, such as transfer to voicemail: “Unfortunately, all our agents are busy at the moment. Please leave a message and we will call you back.”
- External phone number. Redirect your client to a designated phone number outside of your company (which you can choose directly in this step) and make sure that your customer support is never offline.
Setting up the call flow designer
Call Flow Designer allows you to set up a sequence of steps to be followed for each inbound call made to the selected phone number. The aim is to avoid missed calls.
#1 Example: Firstly, the caller listens to a welcome message, then his call rings to group Support. If no one from group Support answers, the caller is redirected to leave a voicemail.
#2 Example (advanced): The caller firstly listens to a welcome message followed by IVR, which will redirect him either to the call group Support regarding a Support issue or the call group Sales regarding a Sales issue. If no agent is available, he can leave a voicemail.
These features might be interesting for you
- IVR – This popular call center feature helps with guiding the caller through different options and make sure they are always directed to the right department, agent or group of agents.
- SMS/Text Messages – This feature allows you to send personal messages or general notifications to your customers and make your contact center work much more effective.
- Callback – Thanks to callback feature, there won’t be any unanswered phone calls in your call centre, because CloudTalk will automatically call your customers back.
- Predictive Dialer – Predictive dialer ensures that more customer calls are made in a shorter time. It is an ideal tool to get in touch with your customers.
- Smart dialer – CloudTalk will compile a list of number from any website or system and create a calling queue directly to your CloudTalk phone app.