What is Call Flip and How to Use it In Your Call Center
In the world of customer service, there are plenty of tools and techniques that you can use to simplify your processes. One such technique is the call flip. In this piece, we’ll explain what call flip is and how it can be used in your contact center. Keep reading for some tips on how to make the most of this powerful call center feature.
What Is Call Flip?
A call flip feature allows you to transfer calls from one device to a specific secondary device based on pre-assigned single digits. As such, it’s an innovative way to manage your customers’ calls.
Call flip allows call center agents to easily juggle between different devices without having to put anyone on hold, continuing an active call while on the road or in the office. This is a great way to streamline your workflow and make sure you never miss a call.
Benefits of Call Flip
- You can take calls anywhere – you’re no longer bound to your desk, but you can answer incoming call requests wherever you’re located and continue the conversation on another device.
- It’s easy to transfer calls – unlike with other features (like call forwarding or call transferring), you don’t need to put the person on hold while transferring their call. This means that you can quickly move calls from one device to another without interrupting the conversation.
- You can use multiple devices at once – with CloudTalk, you can be logged into multiple devices at the same time, so you can flip calls between your computer, phone, and tablet without any issues.
- It’s a great way to manage multiple calls – call flipping can be a lifesaver for quickly and easily transferring calls between your devices.
- You can improve productivity in your call center – with less time spent on managing calls and putting customers on hold, your agents will be more productive which increases customer satisfaction levels as a result.
Sounds handy? Let’s see the nuts and bolts of this feature.
How Does Call Flip Work?
Let’s say you’re in the middle of an important conversation with a client and about to close the deal. You hear your dog scratching at the door asking for their breakfast. In a matter of seconds, that scratching will turn to barking if you don’t show up…
This is where a call flip feature comes in handy. You can “push” the call to your smartphone without interrupting the conversation or pressing “on hold”, then do whatever you need to at that given moment – like feed your dog, find an important document, catch your train, or grab your medicine, – and carry on talking to the caller the whole time.
Call Flip vs Call Switch – What’s the Difference?
Let’s take a quick look at something that might be still confusing you: how does call flipping differ from call switching?
Below are the differences:
This feature allows you to transfer or “push” an ongoing call between any two devices connected to your VoIP system. Call flip works without interrupting the conversation by using an identification number,which you need to assign to each device in advance. This is especially useful for remote call center agents, allowing them to take calls anywhere they want.
With this feature, during an active conversation, you can “pull” the call away from the original device to continue it on a new one that you have opened in the meantime.
When you make a call flip, you are actually switching the phone line from one device to another. In contrast, performing a call switch means redirecting a call from one number to another. The latter can be useful if you have two phone lines with different numbers or you want to forward a call to somebody else.
Still not sure? Check out another one of our articles that is dedicated entirely to this topic ➡️ Call Switching vs. Call Flipping
How To Use Call Flip in CloudTalk
CloudTalk is a call center tool with a long list of great features for call center managers and agents. Our cloud-based call center software is full of advanced (and easy to set up) features.
Do you want to make use of call flipping but don’t know where to start? No worries – it only requires a few simple steps.
How To Initiate a Call Flip
1) Log into your CloudTalk account and go to the “Devices” tab.
2) Click on the “Add Device” button and select which type of device you want to add.
3) Follow the instructions on the screen to finish adding the device.
4) Next you’ll need to assign an identification number to the device by moving to the “Identification Numbers” tab and clicking on the “Add Number” button.
5) Follow the on-screen instructions to finish adding an identification number.
6) Now, while you’re on a call, you can “push” it to another device by entering its identification number.
7) The call will be transferred to the new device without interrupting the conversation.
That’s it – you’ve successfully learned how to use the call flip feature in CloudTalk.
Call Flip FAQs
How Long Does a Call Flip Take?
The process is almost immediate. The person you’re talking to won’t notice it.
Do I Need To Pay Anything Extra To Use a Call Flip Feature?
Not in CloudTalk! The call flip feature is included on all plans.
Can I Use the Call Flip Feature With My Current Phone System?
You need to have a VoIP system, such as CloudTalk, to be able to use the call flip feature.
What Are the Benefits of Using a Call Flip Feature?
The main benefit is that you can take calls anywhere you want, on any device, without interrupting your conversations.
What Are the Requirements for Using a Call Flip Feature?
You need to have a VoIP system, activate the feature in the tool’s dashboard, and finally assign pre-defined single digits to each device you may want to use.